Wednesday, August 29, 2012

UNFAITHFUL

Have you committed hair adultery?  Did it ruin you and your hairs relationship?

I used to think that me and my hair had an open relationship.  I could use whatever product that I wanted, and my hair would always forgive me in the end.  That all ended last week.



I can normally stray from my old faithful Tresemee Naturals conditioner without major consequences.  My hair would act up slightly, but it would always come back to its normal, moisturized, soft self in the end.  I've tried Trader Joe's Nourishing Spa Conditioner, Aussie Moist, and Wen among others.  They've been OK, nothing to write home about.  In the end, I always came back to Tresemee Naturals and my hair was happy again.  After hearing Willows rave reviews about VO5 conditioner, I decided to give it a try.  We used the same leave in conditioner (Giovanni Direct Leave In) and oils, why not the same conditioner?  Apparently, this betrayal was the last straw for my hair.  It freaked out!  It started to shed and break, threatening to walk out on me.  It was dry, it was brittle.  It defied any style that I tried.  If my hair had a Facebook, I'm sure that our relationship status would have changed to: Its Complicated.

After playing fast and loose with products, my hair revolted.  I panicked.  I had to do something.  I had to win back my hairs favor.  I decided to start with our version of flowers and chocolates -- deep conditioner.  I did an over night deep conditioner (recipe coming soon).  My hair purked up a bit, but it took some convincing that I would not stray so far again.  After three straight days of co-washing with my Tresemee, my hair finally came back to life.  We are again in a committed relationship.

What about you?  What happens when you stray from your staple products?

No comments:

Post a Comment