Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Change your Regimen, Change your Life



So, the thing about switching regimen's, is that YOUR WHOLE LIFE CHANGES.  Before using the Curly Girl Method (from here on known as CGM), I washed my hair once, maybe twice a week.  The first wash I clarified, did a deep conditioner, washed out w/ a conditioner, applied leave in, coconut oil, Curl Enhancing Smoothie or Oyin Handmade Burnt Sugary Pomade, and styled in twist, bantu knots, braids or a fro.  I did not stray from this regimen.  If I had to do a mid week wash, I co-washed only or did a deep conditioner overnight and co-washed in the morning.  

Now, with CGM, I am washing my hair almost every other or every third day, or whenever my curls start to look... Blah.  It isn't really a regimen, I just co-wash my hair when it's looking rough, add some leave in conditioner, coconut oil, gel and go.  So what is the problem?  Because I am washing my hair so often, I forget to deep condition.  I have not deep conditioned in two weeks, and it feels like my hair is missing something.  I usually deep condition with My Shea Butter Whip + Tresemee Naturals Conditioner (a dollup) + EVOO + EVCO + Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Hair Masque.  Sometimes I add melted honey too.  From here on out, I will be DC'ing twice a week, overnight Tuesday and overnight Saturday. I am wondering if I need a protein in there somewhere, so I am considering adding coconut milk to my DC.  I'll keep you posted.

Anyway, I did an overnight deep condition last night and man oh man.  I was definitely missing something... the baby softness.  My hair is like butter!  It is so soft that I couldn't bring myself to gel it this morning, so I just put some coconut oil in it, put a head band on and went about my business.  My curls are there, they just aren't as defined.  Any guess what?  My hair is dry.  I washed it at 730, its now noon and my hair is dry already!  I'm loving life.  I'll get back on my gel grind... eventually.  But for now, I'm really enjoying touching my hair.

On the bright side, my hair is starting to curl.  Like... curl.  Can you see the curls??  I am kinda giddy right now.  Don't mind me.

Do you do CGM?  When do you deep condition?


                                                                                                                                             -- Seven

2 comments:

  1. I love those springing defined coils! Your hair looks great. I tell you. CG is a keeper. Your hair is amazing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete