Wednesday, September 19, 2012

30 Day Protective Style Challenge for October

After doing the Curly Girl Method for 30 days, I gotta tell you, I need a break. Washing, detangling, styling, and air drying my hair every 2 to 3 days is getting tiresome.  I need a change.  Plus, its getting kinda cold out there.  So, with October only a week and a half away, I decided to make a new challenge for myself: Protective Style for 30 days.  Mind you, i'll still be following the CGM by co-washing with Silicone free Shampoos and Conditioners, LOCing and deep conditioning weekly.

I am still debating on what to do as a protective style.  I would love to do mini twist, but I always look at the end game... how long is this going to take me to take down?  I do not want to spend 3 hours taking down a style.  Mini braids would be even more time to take down but they would be more durable.  At this point, I don't even feel like sitting for 4 hours to put in mini twist.  The lazy part of my brain is telling me to go to a shop and have them put them in without adding hair.  The frugal side of my brain is saying to call in a few favors.  The realistic side of my brain is telling me to get off my butt, go get a trim, and take an afternoon and put my twist in.   Only time will tell.

Who wants to join me for a 30 day protective style challenge!!!!!

                                                                                                                                           -- Seven

No comments:

Post a Comment